Open Water Workshop
A former professional marathon swimmer and a renowned coach. He has served as the national team coach for USA at the 2001, 2003, 2005, and 2007 World Swimming Championships and the 2004 World Open Water Swimming Championships.
Editor in chief of the Daily News of Open Water Swimming and created the Open Water Swimming Dictionary.
Manages the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame website and served as the NBC commentator for the men’s and women’s 10K marathon swim during the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
Steven is also on the FINA Technical Open Water Swimming Committee that serves as the world’s governing body of sport, providing information and guidance to the Amateur Swimming Union of the Americas, USA Swimming, and U.S. Masters Swimming.
|10.30am - 11am||Registration|
|11am - 1pm||Session 1:
- The History of Open Water Swimming
- Great Open Water Swimming Events around the World
- Poor Decisions by Officials
- Poor Decisions by Athletes
|1pm - 2pm||Lunch|
|2pm - 3.45pm||Session 2:
- Extreme Open Water Swimming Events
- Pyramid of Open Water Swimming Success
|3.45pm - 4.15pm||Coffee Break|
|4.15pm - 6.15pm||Session 3:
- Tactics and Techniques of Open Water Swimming
- Key Rules: Impeding and Unsportsmanlike Conduct
- Revolutionary Training & Rehabilitation
Sports Hub - Visitor Centre
6 Stadium Walk
• Stadium MRT Station (CC6) is the nearest station which exits directly into the Singapore Sports Hub.
• Kallang MRT Station (EW10) is approximately 600m walking distance under a sheltered walkway to the Singapore Sports Hub.
• Bus Service 11
Alight along Stadium Crescent (Bus Stop No. 80199), which is directly outside Singapore indoor stadium
• Bus Service 10, 14, 16, 70, 70M or 196 (Towards CBD/City)
In the direction towards the CBD/City, alight along Nicoll Highway at the bus stop outside National Stadium (Bus Stop No. 80219).
• Bus Service 10, 14, 16, 70, 70M or 196 (From CBD/City)
In the direction from the CBD/City, alight along Nicoll Highway at the bus stop opposite Singapore Sports Hub (Bus Stop No. 80211). Cross the sheltered overhead bridge which leads to the National Stadium.
• From East Coast Parkway (ECP) and Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE)
Exit at Fort Road which connects to Mountbatten Road.
From Mountbatten Road, turn left into Stadium Boulevard.
• From Central Expressway (CTE)
Exit into Pan Island Expressway (PIE) heading towards Changi Airport.
• From Pan Island Expressway (PIE) heading towards Changi Airport
Exit at Sims Ave and drive along Sims Way which connects to Mountbatten Road.
From Mountbatten Road, turn right into Stadium Boulevard.
• From Nicoll Highway
In the direction from the CBD/City, turn left into Stadium Road.
In the direction heading towards CBD/City, turn left into Stadium Drive.